Where your students were part way through their course in 2020/21 and would have taken assessments that year, they can be given unit level teacher assessed grades for the units that they would have done. More information can be found in our teachers area.
Based on feedback from centres, we decided to ask you to submit them in the autumn 2021 term so that teachers have some flexibility and time to focus on the grades for certificating students in summer 2021. It also meant teaching and learning for your Year 10 and 12 students (Years 11 and 13 in Northern Ireland) could carry on as long as possible up to the end of the summer term.
Process for submitting unit level teacher assessed grades (TAGs)
We will provide detailed information by the start of September on how to submit unit teacher assessed grades:
- We are planning to make the window for submitting unit level teacher assessed grades 20 September to 1 October 2021. We will confirm this when we provide further details.
- Unit level teacher assessed grades will be collected using our Grade Submission System
- The guidance on how to determine a unit level teacher assessed grade and what evidence to use is the same guidance used for summer 2021.
- The evidence used to determine the unit TAG must have been produced before 31 August 2021.
- You will need to check the JCQ centre policy submitted for qualification level TAGs is still relevant for your unit level TAGs. If there are no changes, you do not need to resubmit the policy to us. If you need to revise your policy, we will provide you with further details on how to do that.
- If you did not complete a JCQ centre policy because you did not submit any qualification TAGs in the summer, you will need to submit a centre policy to us so we carry out the external quality assurance process. We will provide you with further details on how to do that.