AS Level Geography H081
- Students will not be asked questions during the exams in relation to their own fieldwork experience.
- Students will still be asked questions during the exams on unfamiliar fieldwork but will have the flexibility to answer these questions in relation to either human or physical geography.
- To prepare students for the unfamiliar fieldwork questions, teachers should provide students with the opportunity to engage in the enquiry process and fieldwork where possible, whether that is ‘in the field’ or through virtual fieldwork (classroom based).
- Centres do not need to sign a Fieldwork Statement confirming that fieldwork has taken place over at least two days.
A Level Geography H481
- There will be no changes to the assessment in 2021.
- The non-exam assessment remains but with more flexibility around the use of primary data. We will provide more guidance and support shortly.
- Centres do not need to sign a Fieldwork Statement confirming that fieldwork has taken place over at least four days.
Please also check our Subject Information update: Summer 2021 adaptations of AS, A Level and GCSE qualifications for the latest information.