Students taking GCSE Drama in summer 2021 will have a reduction in NEA requirements:
- The minimum duration time of performances for Devising Drama and Presenting and Performing Texts will be reduced.
- In both NEA components, students will be allowed to present monologues for performance where group performances are not possible.
- There will be no change to the written paper Performance and Response.
- There will be no visiting examiner for Presenting and Performing Texts. Performance recordings will be submitted instead.
- The Evaluation of Live Theatre will, as currently, be allowed to be on a recorded/streamed/digital performance.
Please also check our Subject Information update: Summer 2021 adaptations of AS, A Level and GCSE qualifications for the latest information.