Overview for centres who use on-screen tests for Legacy Functional Skills.
- Complete the Centre assessment grade submission forms for examined and moderated components, including both pass and fail candidates for examined components.
- Make claims on Interchange for internally assessed units for pass candidates only.
- Schedule and sit tests in Surpass for examined components for pass candidates only.
- Submit the supporting information form and centre assessment grade submission forms for examined and moderated components to OCR.
Preparing your centre assessment grades and evidence
- Identify the candidates who were due to complete assessments (take examined assessments or submit internally assessed work for moderation) from 20 March and 31 July 2020.
Review evidence to support your centre assessment grades. You must have evidence for every candidate you submit a grade for – see the guidance document for more details. Centre assessment grade submission forms and the supporting information form should be downloaded from our website to record your centre assessment grade decisions.
Assign each candidate you have identified a centre assessment grade as follows:
Examined components – Pass or Fail (Pass Descriptors)
Moderated components – Pass – Only assign centre assessment grades for those candidates who you consider would have passed.
- Complete the centre assessment grade form(s). There are separate forms for examined and moderated components. Indicate on the form(s) the evidence type used to inform your decision:
Schedule a test and run the test (Examined components only)
- For all candidates you have identified as a pass, schedule a test for the date range 22 June-6 July in the normal way on OCR Surpass. This generates a keycode for each test. You do not need to schedule tests for any candidates identified as a fail.
- Browse to https://ocr.surpass.com/launchtest. An Internet connection is required and minimum system requirements can be found here. We recommend using Chrome.
- For the Live Test option choose English (UK) from the 'Select Language' drop down.
- If prompted to enable Flash select the “here” link. A pop up is displayed asking if you want to run Flash. Click the 'Allow' button. You are returned to the launchtest page. This only has to be done once as long as Chrome remains open. If you close Chrome and open it again you may have to allow Flash again.
5. For the Live Test option choose English (UK) again from the 'Select Language' drop down. The 'Test Delivery enter keycode' window is displayed.
6. Enter the keycode and click OK. The keycode is authenticated and the candidate/test details will be displayed. Click Confirm to continue.
7. The Introduction page will be displayed:
8. Click Start Test to continue and select the 'Pass' option.
9. Click 'Finish' and again to confirm.
10. Once you have clicked 'Finish' the test will close. If the browser screen doesn’t close, simply refresh or highlight the address bar and click enter to return to the launchtest screen and repeat for the next keycode. The test will show in the Invigilate screen with the 'finished' state.
Once you have made your claims on Interchange for any moderated components, please email your Functional Skills supporting information form and centre assessment grade submission forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, See here for further guidance.