During this challenging period, awarding organisations are following exceptional requirements set out by the regulators, Ofqual, CCEA and Qualifications Wales. This guidance allows awarding bodies to issue results as follows.
- It allows awarding organisations to issue calculated results for qualifications which have a primary purpose of progression on to further or higher education.
- For qualifications with a primary purpose of progression into or through employment, calculated results are not appropriate. There may be some changes made to assessments to enable remote delivery/assessment and this is referred to as an adapted assessment.
- For some qualifications, the only option is to delay the assessment, as there is no way of validly calculating a result or adapting the assessment in a way that does not undermine confidence in the qualifications. Students taking these qualifications will have to wait to sit assessments at the next available opportunity.
The aim is to enable as many students as possible to receive a result for OCR assessments they planned to take in spring/summer 2020. After discussions with the regulator, Ofqual, and other awarding organisations, we are putting the following arrangements in place for each OCR qualification:
|Cambridge Nationals||Guidance for Teachers - Guidance for Exams Officers|
|Cambridge Technicals||Guidance for Teachers - Guidance for Exams Officers|
|Functional Skills||Guidance for Teachers - Guidance for Exams Officers|
|Life and Living Skills||Guidance for Tutors/Teachers and Exam Officers|
|Using ICT (Entry 3)||Guidance for Tutors/Teachers and Exam Officers|
For all those students who were expecting to complete assessments between 20 March and 31 July 2020, we will work with you to provide a calculated result and ask you to submit a centre assessment grade:
- Centre assessment grades for Cambridge Nationals and Cambridge Technicals are submitted through our Grade Submission System
- Centre assessment grades for Life and Living Skills are submitted though Interchange
- Centre assessment grades for Functional Skills and Using ICT (Entry 3) are submitted though a centre assessment grade submission form
Please see the links above for more details on the process for each qualification.
There may be some changes made to assessments to enable remote delivery/assessment and this is referred to as an adapted assessment. Links to the guidance on permitted adaptations for each qualification will be added here as they become available:
|Adapt (Moderated qualifications)|
|Administration (Business Professional)||Guidance for Tutors/Teachers and Exam Officers|
|Digital Employability (Entry 1 and Entry 2)||Guidance for Tutors/Teachers and Exam Officers|
|IT User Skills (ITQ)||Guidance for Tutors/Teachers and Exam Officers|
|Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools||Guidance for Tutors/Teachers and Exam Officers|
|Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools||Guidance for Tutors/Teachers and Exam Officers|
|Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administration (10337)||Guidance for Tutors/Teachers and Exam Officers|
|Adapt (Verified/NVQ type qualifications)|
|Business Administration||EQA Visits - Adaptation guidance|
|Advice and Guidance||EQA Visits - Adaptation guidance|
|Career Information and Advice/Career Guidance and Development||EQA Visits - Adaptation guidance|
|Customer Service||EQA Visits - Adaptation guidance|
|Health and Social Care Leadership and Management||EQA Visits - Adaptation guidance|
|Teaching and Assessing Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD)||EQA Visits - Adaptation guidance|
|Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools||EQA Visits - Adaptation guidance|
|Team Leading, Management and Leadership||EQA Visits - Adaptation guidance|
Students taking these qualifications will have to wait to sit assessments at the next available opportunity. We will add links here as more information becomes available:
|Certificates of Professional Competence for Transport Managers (CPC)|
|Digital Employability (Entry 3 and Level 1)||
|Preparing for a Business Venture||Guidance on the next available assessment opportunity will be given as soon as we can|