Yes home tutored/private/distance tutored candidates can enter R483 ELC Science.
The Centre Authentication Form ( CCS160) gives information for entries by private candidates/distance tutored candidates. These candidates can make an entry through any centre that is registered for public examinations.
The candidate's tutor should:
- Fill in the Candidate Record which identifies which End of Item Tests and Can-do Tasks the candidate has completed. This should also include the marks for the Practical Task.
- Mark the candidate's End of Item Tests using the mark schemes on OCR Interchange.
- Witness the candidate carrying out each Can-do Task and then tick and date it on the candidate record.
- Mark the candidate's Practical Tasks using the mark scheme in the R483 Specification.
- Annotate clearly any and all places in the End of Item Tests or Practical Tasks where they have given the candidate benefit-of-the-doubt.
- Pass the completed portfolio over to the entry centre by an agreed date (before 15 May)
The exam centre should follow this procedure:
- If the candidate is the only entry for R483 ELC Science then enter the marks from the Candidate Record through OCR Interchange by the 15 May. The candidate’s portfolio will be called for moderation.
- If the centre has any other candidates entered for R483 ELC Science they will need to include the private candidate in their internal standardisation. The teacher of R483 ELC Science should check that the mark scheme has been applied consistently to a sample of the End of Item Tests. The teacher should also check that the mark scheme has been applied consistently to the Practical Task. If either is not in line with the centre's own marking then they need to adjust the marks to conform to their internal standardisation.
- Enter the candidate’s marks with all the internal candidates through OCR Interchange by the 15 May. Unless the centre is making a large number of entries it is likely that all the candidates' portfolios will be called for moderation.