The formulae that we cannot provide fall into two types:
1. Formulae candidates should be able to recall and use.
These are listed in the OCR Specification in 6.02d (the Specification is available to download from http://ocr.org.uk/gcsemaths).
All candidates are required to recall and use:
- the circumference and area of a circle formulae
- Pythagoras’ theorem
- trigonometry ratio formulae.
Higher tier candidates should additionally be able to recall and use:
- the quadratic formula
- the sine and cosine rules
- area of a triangle = ½absinC .
2. Formulae that should be derived or informally understood.
Those for all candidates are the formulae for:
- compound interest (statement 5.03a)
- area of a trapezium (statement 10.03c)
- volume of a prism (statement 10.04a)
- addition law of probability (statement 11.02e).
For Higher tier candidates there is additionally the multiplication law of probability (statement 11.02f).