When assessment cannot be completed, a unit-level Teacher Assessed Grade (TAG) is available for units due to be completed between 1 August 2020 and 31 August 2021.
Unit-level TAGs are available to learners certificating this summer and those who are part way through their qualification but who planned to take assessment for some units by 31 August 2021.
Exams and Moderation will continue to be available. Centres should continue to deliver teaching and learning for as long as possible, to cover as much of the qualification content as possible since it is important for progression. We encourage you to continue to complete and submit units for moderation or take the examination at Entry 3/Level1, considering a TAG as a last resort when assessment cannot be completed.
Teacher Assessed Grade Process
Identify the units learners were due to complete between 01 August 2020 and 31 August 2021 and assessment cannot be completed.
Review evidence to support your Teacher Assessment Grades – see the guidance document for more details. The categories of evidence are:
Units already awarded to the candidate (Banked units)
Centre-marked attempts at the live/practice assessments
Formative assessment results. Formative assessment is defined as assessment undertaken to check learning has taken place and assess progress towards the required level.
Any other work which the candidate has completed towards the qualification (such as work they have done in class or at home independently).
Learner work demonstrating the skills needed for relevant units that has been completed in support of another qualification.
Moderated units (Entry Level and Level 1)
- Create a claim on Interchange in the usual way and include all moderated units you are requesting a Teacher Assessed Grade for in this submission. The person within your centre that has reviewed the evidence should be listed as the centre assessor within the claim.
- Add the claim number(s) to the Request for Teacher Assessed Grades: Digital Employability form
Examined unit (Entry 3 and Level 1 only)
- Add candidate details to the Request for Teacher Assessed Grades: Digital Employability form
- You must include the 8 digit candidate number from Interchange
- If any candidate demographics are incorrect on Interchange (eg Date of Birth), please email VTQ@ocr.org.uk with the details, do not change on Interchange.
Submitting your request
- Send the form to your Head of Centre to confirm the details and sign (this may be electronic)
- Submit your claims on Interchange for moderated units
- Email the Request for Teacher Assessed Grades: Digital Employability form, signed by your Head of Centre, to VTQ@ocr.org.uk by 15 September 2021.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can we make more than one submission?
Yes, you can make more than one submission, you will need to make a claim on Interchange and submit the Request for Teacher Assessed Grades: Digital Employability form each time. Your final submission should be made to OCR by 15 September 2021