We’ll be updating these FAQs and our guidance and support on our website regularly.
The deadline for making summer 2021 entries for Cambridge Nationals was 21 February 2021.
To support school and colleges further, we can now confirm we won't be charging any late fees until after Monday 15 March 2021, giving you time to digest the outcomes of the Ofqual and DfE consultations.
For students not certificating in 2021, there is a further opportunity to make entries between 28 June and 30 July without being charged late entry fees, please see below.
If you are running Cambridge Nationals within your school or college for the first time, take a look at our blog on how entries work.
Students certificating in summer 2021
For students certificating this year, please make:
- Entries for units your students are planning to take in June 2021
- Entries for units your students are not planning to assess in 2020/21 due to the permitted reduction in assessment
- Entries for any units your students were planning to take in January 2021 that had to be withdrawn
- Outstanding June 2020 entries - see below
- Certification entries.
We did not make unit entries for units we planned to take in June 2020, what do we do?
We can now confirm that, if you did not make entries for June 2020 (or withdrew those entries) for units your students need to use towards their qualification in summer 2021, you need to make these entries in the June 2021 series.
We made unit entries in a previous series (eg June 2020), do we need to make the entries again?
No, if you made an entry in June 2020 or have a completed unit from a previous series that will be used towards certification this year, you do not need to make another entry for this unit.
Our students were planning to resit a unit in June 2021, should we make a unit entry for the resit?
If your students are expecting a qualification result this summer (certificating) and were intending to resit a Cambridge Nationals unit, you do not need to make a resit entry for these students.
We will be asking you to provide a teacher assessed grade at qualification level for these students so we do not need these unit resit entries.
We will update you and provide further guidance for you on entries for resits for students not certificating this summer (eg Year 10/Year 11 Northern Ireland) as soon as we can.
I have already made a June 2021 resit entry, should I withdraw this now?
If your students are expecting a qualification result this summer (certificating) and you have already made resit entries for these students for June 2021, please withdraw these entries.
You will automatically receive a refund if you withdraw them by 21 March 2021.
What are the arrangements for June 2021 fees?
Please see our FAQ for details on the fee arrangements for June 2021.
Students not certificating in summer 2021
For students who are not expecting a qualification grade this summer (eg Year 10 students/Year 11 in Northern Ireland), please make:
- Entries for all units that were planned to be taken in June 2021 including any resit entries. These resits may include students who took units in January 2021 and you think their performance was impacted by the disruption.
- Entries for all units where the assessment was planned to be carried out before 31 August 2021 (see our teacher FAQs for more detail).
- Entries for units that were planned to be taken in January 2021 and were withdrawn
- Entries for moderated units that were originally intended for January or June 2021 that students will not be doing as part of the permitted reduction of assessment (see our teacher FAQs for more details).
If you have not yet made these entries, you can make them between 28 June and 30 July without being charged late entry fees. If you have already made these unit entries you do not need to make them again.
If your centre will be closed during this window, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can support you further.
Further information on arrangements for students not certificating in summer 2021 can be found here.